BTEC Level 2 Diploma (Equivalent to 4 GCSE grades A*-C)
The study of Health & Social Care will provide students with a greater insight into how health, social care and early years’ services are developed to meet the needs of all people at whatever stage of the lifecycle they find themselves. You will also investigate the different jobs needed to work in this sector.
The BTEC Firsts in Health and Social Care have been developed to:
- give opportunities for students to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the health and social care sector or to
- progress to vocational qualifications such as the BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Health and Social Care.
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes.
The qualification consists of four mandatory units which will be covered in Year 10 and four additional units to be covered in Year 11.
In Year 10 the students will complete the following units:
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Individual Needs in Health and Social Care
- Ensuring Safe Environments in Health and Social Care
In Year 11 the students will complete the following units:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Services
- The Impact of Diet on Health
This course has no written examinations and students are assessed on coursework completed.
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care.
- A-Level study in Health and Social Care.
- Employment within the Health and Social Care sectors.